I went to Stockholm in August 2015 when I was in traveling around Europe.
There are a lot of things to do in Stockholm, from outstanding museums, parks and landscape buildings. And the best thing is if you stay in the city center you can do almost everything walking.
I had a really great time during my 3 days in Stockholm and the city is my favorite Scandinavian capital.
Best Stockholm Attractions
There are so many reasons to visit Stockholm and bellow I list some of them.
- Gamla Stan: the oldest neighborhood in town is very picturesque and full of churches, cafes, restaurants, museums, historical buildings and cobblestone streets.
- Stockholm City Hall: the most important and one of the oldest landmark buildings in town.
- Royal Palace and Museums: a complex of museums that can be visited with only one ticket or separated ones. I just liked two of them though. But do not miss the change of the guard which occurs daily at 12h15min (Monday to Saturday) and 13h15min (Sundays and Holidays) from May to August; 12h15min (Wednesday& Saturdays) and 13h15min (Sundays and holidays) April, September and October.
- Vasa Musuem: this maritime museum is the most visited museum in Scandinavia and displays a shipyard that sank in 1628 and was towed into the flooded dry dock under the new building in December 1988 and during the summer of 1989.
Suggested Read: How to See Stockholm in a Day
- Modern Museet: the museum dedicated to the modern art has fine collection and is located on an island with great views.
- Milles Garden: this art museum and garden sculpture is my favorite place in Stockholm.
- Skansen Museum: an open-air museum for the whole family.
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A CarRental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book AccommodationBooking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground TransportationBookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel CardRevolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.