Some of the things to do in Mykonos are:
Visit Little Venice QuarterOne of the oldest parts of Mykonos boasting hotels, restaurants, old mansions with colorful balconies and one of the best spot to watch the sunset.
Wander around Mykonos Town (Chora)The most charming and picturesque part of Mykonos. Its tiny cobblestone streets, white-washed houses full of bougainvillea will enchant you. Chora is actually one of the best places to stay in Mykonos and it’s so easy to get around the island from there.
- You may also like: How to Have a Luxury Mykonos Holiday When on a Budget.
See the WindmillsThe most famous landmark of the island, those windmills date back from the 16th century. It’s also another great spot to watch the sunset.
Enjoy Elia BeachA very nice beach with crystal clear turquoise water, rocky sand and beautiful people. Really good for swimming and relax. There are sunbeds and umbrellas to rent, various water sports, and the beach is also a few steps to Super Paradise Beach. There are no regular buses running from Mykonos town and the easiest way is to take a boat from Platys Gialos.
Admire the Beauty of Platys Gialos BeachOne of the most beautiful beaches, very popular for families and tourists, full of hotels, resorts, and restaurants. Bus service from Mykonos town is very frequent.
Enjoy Super Paradise BeachYet another beautiful beach with crystal clear turquoise waters, beautiful rock formations and golden sand. This beach holds two famous clubs: Super Paradise and Jackie O.
Go PartyingMykonos is a party island and offers a crazy night life and some of the best beach parties in Europe. The parties are really good by the way and you are going to be tempted to come back to Mykonos many times. ∗ Clubs: most of the clubs are in Mykonos town and they are full of young and beautiful well dressed people. The most popular ones are: Scandinavian Bar & Disco, La Notte, Space Club, Astra Bar and Jackie O Bar. ∗ Cavo Paradiso: one of the most renowned summer clubs in Europe, Cavo Paradiso is located left on the hill at Paradise beach, and holds frequent parties with world famous DJ’s. ∗ Beach Parties: the most famous and busy are Paradise Club (easily reached by bus from Mykonos town or by boat from Platys Gialos), Super Paradise Club (you need to take a boat from Platys Gialos because there is no bus service from Mykonos town, however there are vans to take you back), and Jackie O Beach Club (the favorite among gays and is also located on Super Paradise Beach). Parties start at 4:00 PM, are free, full of beautiful people and can get really crazy.
- If you want to know more about gay places in Mykonos, check this Gay Mykonos Guide.
- Are you visiting Santorini as well? Here are my Top 7 Things to Do in Santorini.
- Heading to Greece’s capital? Find out which are the best areas to stay in Athens.MORE CONTENT ABOUT GREECE IN THE BLOG:
Travel Planning Resources For every booking made through my site I donate US$ 1 for a charitable organization.
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.