Santorini claims to have the most beautiful sunset in the world. And it may be true.
Watching the sunset in Santorini is like a cult event and every day, visitors and locals alike stop to watch it.
In Imerovigli you can see it from the main street, bars, restaurants, viewpoints and even from your hotel, if you’re staying in a hotel with a sunset view. But there are some parts of this village where you can’t watch the sunset.
In this video you can see the sunset in Imerovigli that I recorded in the end of may 2019, at one of the most popular places in Imerovigli to watch the sunset, the viewpoint located at the front of Agios Georgics church.
It was my last sunset in Santorini. The image of the cloudy sky painted with yellow, orange and golden and the boats sailing in the sea was just spectacular.
If you want to grab a drink while taking in the sunset, my recommendations are the Blue Note and Mezzo restaurants.
No matter where you go, this spectacle of nature will not disappoint you. I guarantee!!
MORE CONTENT ABOUT GREECE:
- 7 Best Things to Do in Santorini
- Where to stay in Santorini: A Guide to the Best Places
- Reviews of 7 Santorini Hotels for All Budgets
- Folegandros: 10 Pictures to Inspire you to Visit Greece’s Best Kept Secret
- Bars & Clubs in Fira – Video
- 7 Best Things to Do in Imerovigli
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.