Planning to travel to Cuba? Here are 20 jaw-dropping pictures to inspire you to pack and go.
I first wanted to go to Cuba in 2011, but as I moved to the United States that year, I had to postpone my dream to visit the island.
After several years visiting many other countries, I finally took a trip to Cuba in November 2017. And I can tell you that it was much better than I expected…
Cuba is fascinating!! It has an interesting history, stunning architecture, gorgeous beaches, captivating countryside, beautiful colonial cities, friendly people and to top it all, it’s a safe and cheap country to travel in.
It sounds like the perfect place to visit, doesn’t it? And, believe me, it is!!
Having just returned from there, I can still hear the vibrant Latin music, see the immense, crystal-clear turquoise Caribbean Sea, and feel the fresh air in my lungs.
During my visit I took many pictures, but here I selected my 20 favorite ones to inspire you to travel to Cuba.
And the best, as always, there are no edited or Photoshopped images here… 😉
Are you ready???
20 Pictures to Inspire you to Travel to Cuba
1- La Habana, Cuba’s best destination and most visited city.
2. Wandering around Habana Vieja (Old Havana) will make you feel delighted.
3. When you travel to Cuba don’t miss “los cayos” (small islands). I visited four of them and my favorites were Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo.
4. Go horseback riding to a Cuban Tobacco Farm in Viñales.
5. When you’re in Viñales take a trip to Cayo Jutías to relax in the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the Caribbean sea.
6. When I started planning my trip to Cuba, I couldn’t get this song out of my mind: “Ay, no hay que llorar que la vida es un carnaval y es más bello vivir cantando, oh oh oh ay…” (Ay, there’s no need to cry, because life is a carnival, It’s more beautiful to live singing…) Célia Cruz
7. Admire the striking architecture of Havana
8. Visit Playa Pilar, which is considered the most beautiful beach in Cuba.
P.S.: During my visit, Playa Pilar was full of seaweed. In fact, the beautiful beaches of Cuba have been spared the influx of vast amounts of smelly sargassum seaweed that have affected the beaches in Punta Cana Dominican Republic and the Caribbean coast of Mexico in recent years.
9. Wander around the streets of Trinidad, a perfect colonial city.
10. Get some fresh air and admire the breathtaking view of the Valle de Los Ingenios.
11. Discover that Trinidad has the perfect combination of magnificent colonial architecture, untouched and spectacular nature, and the most gorgeous beach of the South coast.
- Read more: Playa Ancon, Cuba: Is it worth visiting?
12. A trip to Cuba cannot be complete without taking a tour in one of the “almendorones” (old cars from the middle of 20th century).
- Do you want more inspiration? Read: Finding Destination Inspiration 😉
13. Visit Cienfuegos, the so-called “Pearl of the South” because of its elegance, refined French style and lively Caribbean spirit.
14. Get 1, 2, 3 or… drinks in Cuba. They’re so good and soooooo cheap… Most of the drinks cost around US$ 2 – 3, but you can even find it for just US$ 1.
15. Be in awe of the astonishing colonial architecture that is present everywhere in Cuba.
16. When you travel to Cuba don’t miss the opportunity to learn more about the Cuban Revolution, whether doing walking guided tours or visiting some museums.
17. Make new friends and find out more about the local traditions and customs.
18. A trip to Cuba is like going back in time. The cars from the middle of the 20th century are everywhere in the country as are the old buildings, houses and “palacetes” (small palaces).
19. Spend some days in Varadero, the most famous Cuban beach.
20. Discover that Havana is incredibly beautiful during the day and also at night.
- 7 Best Things to Do in Havana
- Cuba Travel Costs – per Day/Destination
- My Reviews of Casas Particulares in Cuba
Here are just 20 extraordinary pictures to inspire you to travel to Cuba, and soon I will publish other posts with more information and videos.
So, what are you waiting for to visit Cuba? If you’re going with kids don’t miss this post Cuba with kids.
Cheers and safe travel 😉
Don’t forget to buy travel insurance, which can literally be your lifeline if something happens to you and if your luggage is lost or stolen.
I always use World Nomads Travel Insurance for independent travelers. It’s easy to buy, extend & claim online, even after you’ve left home.
Get your travel insurance here.
- You may also be interested in: 20 Pictures to Inspire you to Visit Raja Ampat
Pin it for later 😉
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A CarRental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book AccommodationBooking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground TransportationBookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel CardRevolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.