Phi Phi islands (Koh Phi Phi Don and Koh Phi Phi Leh) are my favorite places in Thailand.
I visited Phi Phi (Pee Pee) in February 2014 after spending some days in Bangkok. I flew from Bangkok to Krabi and from there I took a ferry to Phi Phi.
The village is undeveloped but a quite of charming and boats restaurants, hotels, travel agencies, stores, and cars are not allowed. The only traffic sound you hear is “Beep beep” from local bikers.
I had such a wonderful time visiting the islands around Koh Phi Phi. The islands are gorgeous with crystal-clear turquoise water and powdery white sand, perfect for relaxing and water activities, specially diving and snorkeling. In fact Koh Phi Phi is one of the best places for scuba diving in Thailand !
Phi Phi islands are considered one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Some of the attractions in Phi Phi islands are:
- View point: perfect to watch the sunset.
- Maya Bay: the island became internationally known after the movie The Beach with Leonard de Caprio.
- Mosquito Island: the best one for snorkeling in my opinion.
- Bamboo Island: the most beautiful one.
- Monkey Island: An island full of monkeys and also litter left behind by tourists. It’s a kind of sad and funny at same time watching those monkeys steal food from people.
- Koh Dalam Bay: the main beach in the village and one of my favorite ones. It’s very quite during the day and very busy and loud at night because it hosts huge beach parties.
- Beach parties: Koh Phi Phi Don is a party island. Regardless the day of the week thousand of young people are drinking cheap alcohol served on buckets, dancing, watching fire-shows, having fun and getting drunk.
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.