Phi Phi islands (Koh Phi Phi Don and Koh Phi Phi Leh) are my favorite places in Thailand.
I visited Phi Phi (Pee Pee) in February 2014 after spending some days in Bangkok. I flew from Bangkok to Krabi and from there I took a ferry to Phi Phi.
The village is undeveloped but a quite of charming and boats restaurants, hotels, travel agencies, stores, and cars are not allowed. The only traffic sound you hear is “Beep beep” from local bikers.
I had such a wonderful time visiting the islands around Koh Phi Phi. The islands are gorgeous with crystal-clear turquoise water and powdery white sand, perfect for relaxing and water activities, specially diving and snorkeling.
Phi Phi islands are considered one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Some of the attractions in Phi Phi islands are:
- View point: perfect to watch the sunset.
- Maya Bay: the island became internationally known after the movie The Beach with Leonard de Caprio.
- Mosquito Island: the best one for snorkeling in my opinion.
- Bamboo Island: the most beautiful one.
- Monkey Island: An island full of monkeys and also litter left behind by tourists. It’s a kind of sad and funny at same time watching those monkeys steal food from people.
- Koh Dalam Bay: the main beach in the village and one of my favorite ones. It’s very quite during the day and very busy and loud at night because it hosts huge beach parties.
- Beach parties: Koh Phi Phi Don is a party island. Regardless the day of the week thousand of young people are drinking cheap alcohol served on buckets, dancing, watching fire-shows, having fun and getting drunk.