It was my first time in the country which is not part of the Caribbean as many people think (Bahamas is geographically located in the Atlantic Ocean and just for commercial reasons it is included in Caribbean packages). I was so excited to go swimming with sharks and pigs but specially for taking a break of the Big Apple.
I spent my three days in Nassau (the capital situated in New Providence Island), Paradise Island and Exumas. While in Nassau I visited the downtown and had opportunity to buy a “Panama” hat from China in the world-famous Straw Market for only US$ 10. My “Chinama” hat helped me a lot to protect from the strong sun of July besides looking good in the pictures though.
Tanktop: All Saints Shorts: Hugo Boss Sunglasses: Ray-Ban RB 2132 902/57 55mm New Wayfarer Tortoise w/ Brown Polarized Lenses
Certainly I spent some of my time just chilling in and unwinding on the powdery white sand of Paradise beach after a glance at the Marina Village. With sunscreen always on my face this time was hard to find someone to put it on my back… I had to ask three different people… When you travel by yourself those things can happen…
Once on the beach I prefer trunks rather than shorts. A hat or cap is always a good option and a polarized sunglasses is mandatory, it makes a whole difference.
Swimming suit: 2Xist Sunglasses: Ray-Ban RB 2132 902/57 55mm New Wayfarer Tortoise w/ Brown Polarized Lenses
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.