Cycling in Algarve, Portugal
A short video of my adventure cycling in Algarve.
The Algarve is Portugal’s southernmost region, the biggest and most important Portuguese tourist region, it’s known for its breathtaking Mediterranean beaches and golf resorts, that makes it a very popular destination.
Every time I visit this lovely Portuguese region I endeavor to make new adventures, such as boat trip, kayaking, and my last one was exactly clicking in Algarve.
I was with some friends and we went cycling from Albufeira to Quarteira, a total of 32 Km roundtrip.
In Albufeira we passed by some vineyards and were cycling on the sea-cliffs of Praia da Falésia which was amazing and the view was just spectacular.
I confess that sometimes I was a little bit afraid because of the hills, but the adrenaline was very high.
We continued cycling by on the coast of Praia dos Tomates in Vila Moura and reached the lovely Marina de Vila Moura.
After Vila Moura we arrived in Quarteira, which has a very nice beach side walk. This was the easiest part of the journey.
If you like adventures you should definitely go cycling in Algarve.
- You may also like: Three Most Beautiful Beaches in Algarve
Just press play and enjoy the video 😉
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.