Another great place in Thailand whether to relax or spend the whole day doing tours.
Railay is isolated from the mainland and the only way to get there is by boat. There is two side of Railay: East and West. I stayed on the West side which is calmer and more undeveloped than the other one. The streets are not pavemented and dark, but totally safe.
Another option is to stay in Krabi and spend the day in Railay.
[button link=”https://www.travellingking.com/where-to-stay-krabi-first-time-visitor/” icon=”hospital-o” bg_color=”#00556c” window=”yes”]Check here: Where to Stay in Krabi as a first time visitor.[/button]
The feeling of the middle-of-nowhere will make you forget everything. I loved Railay and wished I could’ve stayed more…
Some of the attractions are:
- Rock climbing: this beach is very well-know for rock-climbing and has some cliffs and attracts beginners and experts.
- Phra Bang Beach: the most visited beach in Railay and it’s just a few metesr of many of the hotels located on the east side
- Phra Bang Shrine: this shrine located on a cave according to a legend is dedicated to the spirit of a drowned princess who gave the beach her name and attracts curious from all over the world. The phallic symbols are associated with fertility and virility and should be treated with respect once many fishermen and boatmen still make donations to ensure a safe journey.
- View Point: perfect for watching the sunset and get a bird-eye view of the bay.
- Chicken Island: great for snorkeling and famous for its “chicken” shape.
- Poda Island: the crystal-clear turquoise water, powdery sand and this big rock shooting majestically from the water is from otherworldly.
- Tup Island: the islands connected by sandbank with crystal-clear water that you will not believe that is true… I was astonished!!
- Aluguel de Carros:Pesquise, compare e economize
- Bookaway:Pegue um ônibus, barco, trem ou carro para as melhores localizações do mundo
- Booking:Encontre as melhores ofertas de acomodações
- GetYourGuide:Reserve experiências inesquecíveis em todo o mundo
- SegurosPromo:Compare e encontre o melhor seguro viagem
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.