The Bahamas is located on the Atlantic Ocean, 80Km (50 miles) off the coast of Florida. The country is comprised of 700 island sprinkled over 100,000 square miles and many people dream about having a honeymoon in the Bahamas.
Some of the most visited islands are: New Providence, Paradise Island, Exuma, Grand Bahama and Bimini.
I only visited Nassau (the capital of the Bahamas), Exuma and Paradise Island, and I got pretty amazed by its beaches.
Some of the attractions are:
- Downtown Nassau: with great architecture from the colonial time this area is a shopping paradise for tourists arriving from cruise ships.
- Junkanoo Beach: located in downtown, this beach is very popular among tourists and locals. In case that you are on a cruise to Nassau, this is easiest and closest beach to go to.
- Paradise Island: one of the most visited islands in the Bahamas boats world class renowned hotels and resorts such as: Atlantis, One and Only, RIU, etc…
- Pipe Creek (Exumas): One of the most beautiful places in the Bahamas, this sandbar has shallow and one the most clearest and brightest blue water I’ve ever seen.
- Big Majors Pig Spot (Exumas): also known as Pig Beach, this island is a truly piece of paradise and its only inhabitants are pigs.
- Compass Cay (Exumas): where you can have an unforgettable experience of swimming with nurse sharks.
- Allan’s Cay Iguanas (Exuma): another island of animals, this time iguanas.
- You can read about my experience of swimming with pigs and sharks in the Bahamas.
- For more information about the Bahamas visit the Official site of the Bahamas.