My trip to Tallinn was so unexpected and for sure it was one of the reasons that I was so cheerful.
A friend suggested me visiting this very charming medieval city but as I would stay only three nights in Helsinki, I completely turned his advice down.
I did everything that I wanted to do in Helsinki in just one day and decided to take a day trip to Tallinn.
I knew that I would stay there basically the whole day and decided to pick an outfit that I would feel comfortable with and elegant. I put a summer blazer one once I would get back to Helsinki only around midnight and the weather could get chilly (I was completely right).
I love white trousers for summers and also to play with colors such as wearing a cobalt blue shirt with a neutral color blazer.
I loved Tallinn and its cobblestone streets, city-walls, churches, cafes and restaurants (I even found a medieval style restaurant).
I felt like back into the ancient times in Tallinn, that is definitely a city to visit.
[button link=”https://www.meganstarr.com/cafes-coffee-tallinn-estonia/” icon=”coffee” bg_color=”#00566c” window=”yes”]Here you can find a guide to the Best Coffees Places in Tallinn[/button]
The old town of Tallinn was added to the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1997, for being an exceptional well-preserved medieval northern European trading city on the Baltic Sea.
Lesson learned: you should think twice before refusing a friend’s advice. Thanks Carlos!!
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A CarRental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book AccommodationBooking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground TransportationBookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel CardRevolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.