My trip to Tallinn was so unexpected and for sure it was one of the reasons that I was so cheerful.
A friend suggested me visiting this very charming medieval city but as I would stay only three nights in Helsinki, I completely turned his advice down.
I did everything that I wanted to do in Helsinki in just one day and decided to take a day trip to Tallinn.
I knew that I would stay there basically the whole day and decided to pick an outfit that I would feel comfortable with and elegant. I put a summer blazer one once I would get back to Helsinki only around midnight and the weather could get chilly (I was completely right).
I love white trousers for summers and also to play with colors such as wearing a cobalt blue shirt with a neutral color blazer.
I loved Tallinn and its cobblestone streets, city-walls, churches, cafes and restaurants (I even found a medieval style restaurant).
I felt like back into the ancient times in Tallinn, that is definitely a city to visit.
[button link=”https://www.meganstarr.com/cafes-coffee-tallinn-estonia/” icon=”coffee” bg_color=”#00566c” window=”yes”]Here you can find a guide to the Best Coffees Places in Tallinn[/button]
The old town of Tallinn was added to the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1997, for being an exceptional well-preserved medieval northern European trading city on the Baltic Sea.
Lesson learned: you should think twice before refusing a friend’s advice. Thanks Carlos!!
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.