Dolphin Watching & Caves Tour – Algarve
Have you ever thought about taking a boat trip to observe dolphins and the famous caves of the Algarve?
During my last stay in Albufeira, I couldn’t miss the opportunity to take one of the best tours in the Algarve.
Over the course of two hours you embark on a cruise along the Algarve coast, between the Marina de Albufeira and Carvoeiro.
In addition to the opportunity to observe marine life, which includes not only several species of dolphins, but also whales and birds, you will visit secret caves, world-renowned beaches and impressive rock formations.
That was the first time I took a dolphin-watching tour and I loved it. I even took my niece with me.
There were between 50 and 60 dolphins in the sea, but we only saw few of them. We saw some jumping, but a little far from the boat. All were of the Common Dolphin specie.
After the dolphin watching we proceed to the caves. We start with the stunning Benagil, one of the most beautiful caves in the world.
We passed several others, as well as the extraordinary Praia da Marinha, one of the most beautiful beaches in the Algarve, Praia da Albandeira, etc.
We took the tour with the Dream Wave and we were very pleased.
Be sure to take a Dolphin and Grotto Watching Tour when you are in the Algarve.
Press play to watch the video with English subtitles and have fun 😉
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.