One of the most beautiful cities in Russia and the whole world!
Saint Petersburg was mainly built by French and Italian architects, and has impressive churches, outstanding theaters and museums, and extraordinary palaces and monuments.
The city is by the Baltic Sea and has hundreds of canals. Because of that Saint Petersburg is known as the Venice of the North.
Some of the atrracions are:
- Hermitage Museum: one of the most important museums of the world with an over 3 million pieces of art displayed in breathtaking palaces. Luxury and ostentation for the Russian czars.I was in awe visiting the Winter Palace!!
- Saint Isaac’s Cathedral: a church that became a museu and provides beautiful views of the city from its dome.
- Church of the Savior on Blood: one of the most beautiful churches I’ve ever seen. There are thousands of mosaics well preserved in a gorgeous Russian architecture. Actually this is not a church anymore, but a museum. I did not want to leave this museum and got so moved during my whole visit.
- Nevsky Prospect Avenue: the most important avenue of Saint Petersburg is full of fine buildings, restaurants and coffee places.
- Peterholf Palace: the summer residence of the Russian czars has awesome fountains and gardens.
- Kazan Cathedral: imposing architecture but inside is not that great.
- Mariinsky Theater: one of the most important and traditional theaters in Russia.
- Peter and Paul Fortress and Cathedral: located on an island of the city, the best way to get here is by boat. You need a ticket to climb the fortress’s walls.
- Palace Square: the most important square in the city displays an exuberant monument dedicate to the victory against Napoleon.
- Bank Bridge: a small and pretty bridge located close to Kazan Cathedral.
- Aluguel de Carros:Pesquise, compare e economize
- Bookaway:Pegue um ônibus, barco, trem ou carro para as melhores localizações do mundo
- Booking:Encontre as melhores ofertas de acomodações
- GetYourGuide:Reserve experiências inesquecíveis em todo o mundo
- SegurosPromo:Compare e encontre o melhor seguro viagem
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.