Phuket is the biggest island in Thailand and one of the most populated. The city has a crazy nightlife and world renowned beaches.
After spending some days in smaller and quite islands, Phuket was a kind of overwhelming and too busy, with so many tourists and chaotic traffic. It was the place that I liked less in Thailand.
Even though the visit was worth. There are some great tours departing from Phuket, including to James Bond Island and even to Phi Phi islands.
Some of the attractions are:
- City tour in Phuket town: some hot spots included in this tour are a view point, a cashew factory, the Big Buddha made of white marble and spotted on the top of a hill and some buddhist monasteries.
- Patong beach: during the day and also at night. Here is where all the crazy stuff happens…
- Day trip to James Bond Island: visiting some stunning island, kaiaking into caves and have so much fun. What else do you need?
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.