Palace Hotel, Zagreb
Visiting Zagreb for the first time I was looking for a good hotel with a great location. Because I did not rent a car and took a bus from Split instead, a hotel in the center city would be the best option.
And for my surprise, the best deal that I could find during my summer trip to Europe in August 2015 was exactly in Zagreb.
I paid US$180 for two nights for a double bed room. Yes, US$ 90 / night for a four-star hotel.
This four stars hotel offers excellent value for the money and location. This very charming Art Nouveau building is located next to one of Zagreb’s most beautiful parks, for example.
It is also very close to nearly all of the tourist attractions in Zagreb, and you can just walk.
There are great restaurants and also the train station nearby. Actually, the only time I used public transportation in Zagreb was from the bus terminal to the hotel, and it took around 12min (only 5 stops). The location is very convenient.
The landmark building is the first official hotel in Zagreb and is decorated like an old palace with elegant furniture and wood composing a retro-chic atmosphere.
There is free Wi-Fi in all areas.
My room had a kind of old fashion style decoration, a good-sized wardrobe with hangers, A/C, flat screen TV, desk, ironing facilities, mini-bar, free toiletries and slippers.
It also had a beautiful view of the park!
The buffet breakfast was included in the room rate and it offers a good variety of food including some local dishes, but the quality was just ok.
Palace Hotel Zagreb is the perfect option for one who wants to stay at a world-class hotel without spending too much money and also move around the city without using public transportation.
Safe travels and have fun in Zagreb.
Other posts that might interest you:
- 7 Reviews of Santorini Hotels for All Budgets
- Alisea Pool Villas: Your Dream Villa in Aonang, Krabi
- My Reviews of Casas Particulares in Cuba
- Hillocks Hotel & Spa, Siem Reap
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort Review, Malaysia
- Mode Sathorn Hotel, Bangkok
- Best Restaurants in Edinburgh
- The Principal Edinburgh, Scotland
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A CarRental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book AccommodationBooking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground TransportationBookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel CardRevolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.