The capital of Russia is an excellent city to visit despite of controversial political issues.
There are so many things to do in Moscow that I was there in August 2015 and just loved it! Beautiful architecture, breathtaking churches, iconic landmark buildings contrasting with futuristic ones, gorgeous subway stations and great cuisine.
I got really surprised with Moscow especially with the architecture!!
Some of the attractions are:
- Moscow Kremlin: a building complex with important museums, beautiful gardens and churches.
- Red Square: situated on the heart of the city this square provides a view of some of the most important buildings in town and it’s undoubtedly one of the essential places to visit in Moscow.
- State Historical Museum: one of the most beautiful buildings located on the Red Square.
- Saint Basil’s Cathedral: one of the most beautiful cathedrals I’ve ever seen. However, inside is not that interesting.
- Bolshoi Theater: the house of the most traditional and important ballet of the world. When you visit Moscow you should see at least one perfomance or even do guided tour in the building.
- GUM: iconic shopping mall in the heart of the city.
- Gorky Park: a nice park with some museums close by.
- Cathedral of Christ of the Saviour: impressive inside and outside. I got totally speechless when I entered this cathedral.
- Moscow Financial District: a very futuristic architecture with buildings from worldwide renowned architects. I was thrilling visiting this part of the city.
- Peter the Great Statue: imposing and exuberant monument dedicate to the beloved czar.
- Garage Museum of Contemporary Art: a major art museum located on Gorky Park.
- Subway Stations: the subway stations in Moscow are also an attraction. There are even tours to tell the history of those handcrafted places built by Stalin as a gift to the people of Moscow.
• If you want to visit Moscow and take the Trans Siberian Express, here are some pictures to inspire you.
- Aluguel de Carros:Pesquise, compare e economize
- Bookaway:Pegue um ônibus, barco, trem ou carro para as melhores localizações do mundo
- Booking:Encontre as melhores ofertas de acomodações
- GetYourGuide:Reserve experiências inesquecíveis em todo o mundo
- SegurosPromo:Compare e encontre o melhor seguro viagem
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.