City Backpackers Hostel, Stockholm
Finding cheap accommodations in Scandinavia is kind of hard, especially in big cities like Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen; this was the reason I decided to book a hostel in Stockholm.
The 19th century building is conveniently located in front of a beautiful square, it is a ten minute walk to the main bus terminal, and a 15 minute walk to the city center.
I arrived there early in the morning so I had to leave my luggage in a storage room and come back later to check-in. This first moment at the hostel I realized that this award-winning place was very organized.
They gave me two passcodes, one to enter the building, and another to access the luggage room.
They told me that I had to take off my shoes when I entered the building that allowed access to the rooms and also that the passcode changed daily.
The receptionist also suggested that I buy a coupon for breakfast during the check-in because it would be cheaper than to buy it later and this is what I did.
The staff was very helpful and I also used the hotel’s Skype to make free calls.
The price is a little higher than other hostels that I found in countries like Spain, Portugal and Italy. I paid around US$35.00/night.
There are computers with free Internet to use in the lobby and free Wi-Fi in the whole building.
There is also a great open space area with benches, tables, chairs and umbrellas for socializing and a café area where the breakfast is served.
The paid breakfast includes a bowl with fruit, yogurt, bagels or sandwiches and tea or coffee.
When I stay in hostels I always book shared rooms with no more than four beds.
My room at City Hostel Backpackers was a mixed dorm with two bunk beds of a decent size and also quiet and clean. To access the room a passcode is also required.
There are private and collectives bathrooms, clothes washers and drying machines (I did my laundry there), a sauna and a huge kitchen with small fridges with the name of your room on it.
This hostel is a terrific option for anyone who wants to save money with accommodations in Stockholm, to get a good night-sleep and also to reach most of the attractions without using public transportation.
You can book your room at City Backpackers Hostel here.
Safe travels and have fun in Stockholm.
Other posts that might interest you:
- 7 Reviews of Santorini Hotels for All Budgets
- Alisea Pool Villas: Your Dream Villa in Aonang, Krabi
- My Reviews of Casas Particulares in Cuba
- Hillocks Hotel & Spa, Siem Reap
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort Review, Malaysia
- Mode Sathorn Hotel, Bangkok
- Best Restaurants in Edinburgh
- The Principal Edinburgh, Scotland
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A CarRental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book AccommodationBooking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground TransportationBookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel CardRevolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.